Quick Take: NetEase Online Music Unit Hits a High Note With $100 Million in Funding
Online game operator NetEase Inc. said its cloud music unit has raised 750 million yuan ($108.7 million) in new funding, with backing from two of China’s leading state-run media companies and one of its oldest investment banks.
NetEase Cloud Music said it is now valued at about 8 billion yuan, based on the latest funding from Shanghai Media Group (SMG), as well as the digital media unit of Hunan Satellite TV, according to an announcement released on Tuesday in the U.S. Also participating in the round was a fund tied to CICC, one of China’s oldest and most influential investment banks.
- 1Chart of the Day: ‘Made in China 2025’ Dropped From List of Local Government Priorities
- 2‘Aquaman’ Makes Huge Splash in China Box Office
- 3Update: Huawei CFO Faces U.S. Fraud Charges, Canadian Court Told
- 4Update: China Logs Record-High Surplus With U.S. Despite Softening Overall Export Growth
- 5It Has Been a Bad Year for the Yuan. 2019 Could Be Worse
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas