80 Is the New 76, as China Sees Longer Lives Ahead
Six months after rolling out a broader roadmap for developing the nation’s traditional medicine sector, Beijing officials on Sunday announced a more concrete plan to boost that group with “tens of billions of yuan” in government support, a knowledgeable source said.
The newly unveiled “Health Guarantee Plan” also included a goal of raising the average life expectancy in China to 80 years by 2025, according to the source who attended a meeting in Beijing where the plan was discussed. That compares with an average life expectancy of 76 years in China in 2015, according to World Health Organization (WHO) statistics.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas