Quick Take: China, Russia to Invest 74 Billion Yuan for Financing Deals
China and Russia agreed to put 74 billion yuan ($10.9 billion) in two funds to jointly invest in cross-border projects and technology startups.
The deal came before President Xi Jinping and his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, concluded their third meeting of the year in the Kremlin.
As part of Xi’s “One Belt, One Road” initiative and Putin’s “Eurasian Economic Union,” Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) and China Development Bank (CDB) agreed to set up a fund of 68 billion yuan to invest primarily in cross-border infrastructure projects, the Russian sovereign fund said in a statement Tuesday.
On the same day, Russian government-owned development bank Vnesheconombank said in a separate statement its innovation fund has secured another credit line of 6 billion yuan from CDB for up to 15 years. The loan will be used to finance private-equity or bond investment in sectors such as high-value-added manufacturing, noncommodity exports, blockchain and biotechnology, VEB said.
Funding from China is crucial for Russia, which is reeling under a recession. U.S. and EU sanctions, passed in 2014 after Russia’s military involvement in Ukraine, also barred Russian companies from raising funds in Western capital markets.
Contact reporter Aries Poon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dec 14 04:16
Dec 14 04:48
Dec 13 16:21
Dec 13 14:30
Dec 13 14:18
Dec 13 14:43
Dec 13 11:37
Dec 13 10:13
Dec 13 06:16
Dec 13 04:49
Dec 12 18:46
Dec 12 16:47
Dec 12 14:15
Dec 12 14:13
Dec 12 14:37
- 1JD.com’s Richard Liu Steps Down From Key Positions, but Retains Control
- 2In Depth: How the Queen of Gree Won, Again
- 3Another Local Government Financing Vehicle Fails to Pay Bond Interest
- 4China’s Curing Cancer Faster and Cheaper Than Anywhere Else
- 5 In Depth: China’s Private Sector Support Comes at a Cost
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas