Quick Take: China, Russia to Invest 74 Billion Yuan for Financing Deals
China and Russia agreed to put 74 billion yuan ($10.9 billion) in two funds to jointly invest in cross-border projects and technology startups.
The deal came before President Xi Jinping and his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, concluded their third meeting of the year in the Kremlin.
As part of Xi’s “One Belt, One Road” initiative and Putin’s “Eurasian Economic Union,” Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) and China Development Bank (CDB) agreed to set up a fund of 68 billion yuan to invest primarily in cross-border infrastructure projects, the Russian sovereign fund said in a statement Tuesday.
On the same day, Russian government-owned development bank Vnesheconombank said in a separate statement its innovation fund has secured another credit line of 6 billion yuan from CDB for up to 15 years. The loan will be used to finance private-equity or bond investment in sectors such as high-value-added manufacturing, noncommodity exports, blockchain and biotechnology, VEB said.
Funding from China is crucial for Russia, which is reeling under a recession. U.S. and EU sanctions, passed in 2014 after Russia’s military involvement in Ukraine, also barred Russian companies from raising funds in Western capital markets.
Contact reporter Aries Poon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jan 24 06:56
Jan 24 06:01
Jan 24 02:16
Jan 23 18:30
Jan 23 16:00
Jan 23 10:48
Jan 23 05:58
Jan 23 03:49
Jan 23 03:41
Jan 23 03:09
Jan 22 15:44
Jan 22 06:31
Jan 22 03:47
Jan 22 03:06
Jan 21 17:02
- 1Wuhan Virus Latest: Over 2,000 Infection Cases Worldwide
- 2Reporter’s Notebook: We Stayed in Wuhan as the Last Trains Pulled Out
- 3Wuhan Virus Update: Health Expert Warns of ‘Super-Spreader’ of Viral Pneumonia
- 4How Did Two Women Drive a Luxury SUV Into the Forbidden City?
- 5After Layoffs, Oracle Executive Vows to Stay in China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas