‘Wolf Warrior 2’ Lopes Into Global Top Five
Minions, beasts and galaxy guardians beware — the wolf is on your trail.
China’s unprecedented box office sensation, “Wolf Warrior 2,” is clawing up the 2017 box-office ladder, reaching fifth place globally after it surpassed “Spider-Man: Homecoming” and “Wonder Woman” this week.
Ahead of it on the list are four Hollywood blockbusters: “Beauty and the Beast,” “The Fate of the Furious,” “Despicable Me 3” and “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.” But the Chinese action flick has been in theaters a mere six weeks, far less time than its American competition.
- 1In Depth: Tesla Charges Into China
- 2China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 3Update: China’s New Credit Growth Hits Record High
- 4 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 5China Suspends Registration of Direct Selling Firms
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas