Will Merged Coal, Power Giants Live Happily Ever After?
A government-approved plan to merge two energy giants and create the world’s largest electric power company is winning praise from supply-side reformists but drawing concern from analysts who fear what they believe is a marriage of unequals.
The groundwork for the merger was laid last month when the State Council, China’s cabinet, sealed the tie-up between coal-mining company Shenhua Group Corp. Ltd. and power generator China Guodian Corp.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas