Box Office, Tourism Soar During Chinese October Holiday
China saw big increases in both tourism and box-office sales during the country’s early-October holidays, with numbers for both rising significantly from the same period last year.
China received 705 million visitors during the eight-day holiday — which ended Sunday and included both National Day and the Mid-Autumn Festival.
Tourist numbers for the first seven days were up 11.9% from a year earlier, when the holiday lasted only a week in total, according to the China National Tourism Administration (CNTA).
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas