China Must Guard Against ‘Minsky Moment,’ PBOC’s Zhou Says
People’s Bank of China (PBOC) Governor Zhou Xiaochuan said the Chinese authorities must focus on preventing a crash in asset prices that could trigger a financial crisis, reiterating a commitment made by President Xi Jinping this week to guard against financial risks that could derail the economy.
Zhou warned that excessive optimism during a period of strong economic growth and asset appreciation could lead to what’s become known as a Minsky Moment, when asset values collapse suddenly as a result of an unsustainable build-up of debt and speculation fueled by credit.
- 1China’s Moon Explorer Posts Photo of Sprouting Cotton Plant
- 2Huawei Canada Exec Quits as Scandal Continues to Embroil Company
- 3Luckin Coffee Reportedly Seeks IPO in Hong Kong
- 4Bank of China to Test Waters for Perpetual Bonds
- 5Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Phone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas