Chinese Construction Firm Plans to Buy Canada's Aecon
State-owned China Communications Construction Co. (CCCC) has agreed to buy Canada's largest publicly listed infrastructure construction company Aecon Group Inc. for CA$1.45 billion ($1.13 billion).
Under the proposed deal, which is subject to Canadian government regulatory approval and an Aecon shareholders vote, the Toronto-based company would become a wholly owned subsidiary of CCCC's overseas investment unit. The plans calls for Aecon to be eventually delisted from the Toronto Stock Exchange, CCCC said in a Hong Kong Stock Exchange filing Thursday.
- 1Caixin View: China Feels Chill From Trouble in Turkey
- 285-Year-Old Petitioner, in Poor Health, Denied Parole
- 3In Depth: HNA Charts New Course Back to Airline Basics
- 4On Beijing’s Orders, Tsinghua May Give Up Control of Chipmaker Units
- 5Banned From Planes and Trains, Jia Yueting Hands Over U.S. Car Startup’s China Business
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas