Provincial Aviation Merger Plan May Clip Wings of Shenzhen’s Ambition
The Shenzhen government has for years wanted the city’s airport to expand into an international hub that connects the technology powerhouse with the rest of the world.
But a proposal put forth by Guangdong provincial authorities to consolidate the ownership of three airports may bring Shenzhen’s ambitions back down to earth.
Sources close to the matter said the provincial government is studying the feasibility of merging the airports of the three largest cities under its jurisdiction — Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Zhuhai — as part of efforts to boost regional integration.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas