Quick Take: Tencent’s Market Cap Exceeds $480 Bln as Stock Surges
Hong Kong-traded shares of China social media giant Tencent Holdings surged to a record high Friday after the company posted strong quarterly growth, pushing up the company’s market cap to HK$3.8 trillion ($486 billion).
Shares of Shenzhen-based Tencent, which runs the popular messaging app WeChat, climbed as high as HK$405 each in early trading Friday. The stock closed at an all-time high of HK$403.40, up almost 3% from the previous day.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas