Listed Firms Shelve Microlending Expansion Plans
Two publicly traded companies said they are no longer pursuing a plan to expand into online microlending, a day after the government asked local authorities to suspend granting new licenses.
Shenzhen-listed Zhejiang Busen Garments Co. Ltd. said in a statement Wednesday that it decided to withdraw an application for a license to establish an online small loan company in Xi’an, the capital city of northwestern China’s Shaanxi province. The company said the latest policy might increase operating costs as well as pressure on profitability.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas