Global Executives Add Mojo to China Internet Event
The CEOs of Apple, Google and Cisco were among a cadre of global high-tech executives attending China’s premier internet event this week, reflecting the country’s status as the world’s largest online market despite its strong state oversight of the medium.
Apple Inc. CEO Tim Cook and Google CEO Sundar Pichai led the list of high-tech dignitaries at the World Internet Conference’s fourth staging in the scenic town of Wuzhen near Shanghai. Their presence comes as Apple counts China as one of its top global markets, making up nearly a fifth of its sales, while Google reportedly wants to launch a mainland Chinese version of its Google Play app store.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas