BYD to Set Up $940 Million Fund for Monorail Expansion
Warren Buffet-backed electric-vehicle maker BYD Co. plans to set up a 6.25 billion yuan ($940 million) private equity fund to finance its monorail transit system, as the company seeks to expand in China’s massive public transport market.
Shenzhen-based BYD said its board on Tuesday approved the plan to set up the fund by its wholly-owned subsidiary Shenzhen BYD Investment Management Co. Xi’an-based Western Trust Co. will subscribe 5 billion yuan of the fund while BYD Investment, BYD Auto Industry Co. and another asset management firm will provide the remaining 1.25 billion yuan.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas