Rail Operator Continues Strong Performance
China’s rail operator is turning up the volume.
China Railway Corp. (CRC) said its freight volume rose 12.8% in the first 10 months of 2017, reversing a continuous decline that goes back to 2012.
Its freight volume for the January-October period totaled 2.4 billion tons, according to newly released data from the company.
The figure should make the year’s target of 2.75 billion tons easy to obtain, according to a source from CRC. “There is almost no doubt that this year’s result will exceed that target, which would make 2017 the first year of growth after six years of declines,” the source told Caixin.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas