China’s Twitter Finds Riches in Star Power
A resurgent Weibo Corp., often called the Twitter of China, is finding an increasingly cozy relationship with the thousands of online celebrities using its service to rake in billions of dollars from adoring fans.
Those self-styled web-based stars, from authors to comedians to current affairs commentators, are expected to rake in a hefty 20.7 billion yuan ($3.14 billlion) this year, and Weibo is hoping to raise that to 30 billion yuan next year, officials said at a company event to honor those online personalities this week.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas