Major Commodity Contracts Plunge as Demand Wanes
China’s raw material futures slumped across-the-board on Thursday—led by nosedive of black minerals such as iron ore and coking coal—as the market got the jitters.
All future contracts of minerals, metals and agricultural products except ferrosilicon and sugar dropped sharply, reversing a five-month rally.
The most actively traded iron ore and coking coal contracts on the Dalian Commodity Exchange fell 7.48% and 7.4% respectively, approaching the exchange’s daily trading limit. Coke futures hit a downward limit of 8%.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas