Doctors Hurting for Supplies as Hospitals Restrict Medical Products
Some hospitals in China have restricted the use of certain disposable medical equipment — such as surgical sutures and hemostatic gauze — in an attempt to meet annual cost-control targets at year-end.
In a memo obtained by Caixin, one hospital in southwest China’s Sichuan province told staff to “strictly control the use of surgical consumables that aren’t directly related to the efficacy of the operation. Stop using all types of wound irrigations, anti-adhesion irrigation, hemostatic gauze, styptic powder and so on by the year-end.”
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas