Chinese Contractor Sued for ‘Massive Fraud’ Over Bahamas Resort
The U.S. arm of China’s largest construction company is being sued for “massive fraud” for its role in building a luxury beach resort in the Bahamas.
The American subsidiary of China State Construction Engineering Corp. (CSCEC) — the contractor and construction manager of the Baha Mar resort — submitted “sham billings for hundreds of millions of dollars” and diverted the money for “other projects throughout the Americas and Caribbean,” then-project owner BML Properties Ltd. said in a statement on Tuesday.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas