Dutch Sinologist Interprets China’s Social Media for West
Is Chinese social media better at handling fake news than Facebook is? Is it a true measure of what really matters to ordinary Chinese, or is it just flush with gossip on celebrity hookups and divorces?
These are questions that Dutch Sinologist Manya Koetse is asked every day. As the founder of the “What’s on Weibo” website, she is glued to Chinese social media, and says she starts scanning what’s trending the moment she wakes up.
- 1Exclusive: Fallen Chief of Bad-Asset Manager Had Tons of Cash — Literally
- 2 Opinion: Trump’s China ‘Poison Pill’ May Hit Australia
- 3Shenzhen Has Billion-Dollar Bailout Plan For Local Companies
- 4Spy Camera Discovery Creates Outrage at Apartment Leasing Specialist
- 5China's Stock Rout Puts $613 Billion of Share Pledges at Risk
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas