China’s ‘Wandering Singer’ Tunes Into Kids’ Melodies
Liu Jian decided he was destined to become a rocker when he first listened to Chinese rock-pioneer Cui Jian. That was when Liu was 16, and it led him to a life as a wandering singer until he managed to save enough money for his first album nearly a decade later.
Liu’s journey also included a six-year stint in the military. His musical talents paved the way for this high-school dropout to enter a prestigious military art academy in Beijing, which counts Nobel laureate Mo Yan among its alumni. But the dream to become a rocker proved irresistible, so he again dropped out and went to Shanghai.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas