Editorial: Officials Who Cook the Books Must Be Held Responsible
The cover on economic data fabrication has been blown.
Following Liaoning province’s admission that it embellished its government economic figures a year ago, the Inner Mongolia autonomous region, Tianjin municipality and some other governments have also admitted bloating their data. Inner Mongolia, for example, said it overstated 2016 industrial output by 290 billion yuan ($45.3 billion), or 40% of the region’s total.
- 1Caixin View: China Feels Chill From Trouble in Turkey
- 285-Year-Old Petitioner, in Poor Health, Denied Parole
- 3In Depth: HNA Charts New Course Back to Airline Basics
- 4On Beijing’s Orders, Tsinghua May Give Up Control of Chipmaker Units
- 5Banned From Planes and Trains, Jia Yueting Hands Over U.S. Car Startup’s China Business
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas