China Buys Abandoned Rural Homes to Free Up Land for Development
Last year, Xiong Guoqing sold his abandoned adobe house to the local village government for around 53,000 yuan ($8,263) and later bought an apartment in a nearby residential compound for little over 130,000 yuan.
That allowed the government to demolish his house in Lu county, in the southwestern province of Sichuan, and either reassign the land to a large-scale agribusiness or a property development project.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas