Former Finance Chief Suggests Direction for Supply-Side Reform
China must emphasize supply-side structural reform in its economic policymaking, as fiscal and monetary stimulus will have limited ability to propel growth going forward, the country’s former finance minister said.
Last year’s better-than-expected economic growth of 6.9% reflected positive trends in the Chinese economy, as government-guided supply-side reform gradually took effect, Lou Jiwei said at a forum over the weekend. Lou was China’s finance minister from 2013 to 2016, and is now head of the National Council for Social Security Fund.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas