Weibo Shutters Accounts in Wake of Crackdown
China’s Twitter-like microblogging platform Weibo Corp. said it has shut down more than 1,000 accounts, after some of its services were suspended due to what regulators called obscene content.
A total of 1,132 accounts have been closed as part of the campaign, the company said in a statement on Tuesday night.
“Weibo will ramp up efforts to remove such content to meet the regulator’s requirements,” the statement added.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas