Innocent Man Awarded $300,000 After 15 Years Behind Bars
A man in China’s northwestern region of Xinjiang, wrongfully convicted of molesting dozens of women and causing them grievous bodily harm, was awarded 1.9 million yuan ($301,796) in compensation on Monday, following his exoneration in late November.
Zhou Yuan, 47, said compensation alone wasn’t enough to remedy the loss of the personal liberty and mental trauma he suffered, and the officials responsible for the miscarriage of justice should be held accountable.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas