More Flexibility Coming for Rural Land-Use Rights, Government Document Says
China will loosen controls on the use of land allotted to farmers for building homes, the central government said in a widely-watched document regarding rural work, as it seeks to free up more such land for development.
Under China’s current laws, rural land is collectively owned by a village committee on behalf of all villagers. Rural residents can only use the land for agriculture or homebuilding, but have no right to sell their land. The market is hoping reforms will allow rural land allocated to villagers for home construction to be sold to real estate developers to increase residential land supply. Such land can now only be traded between farmers in the same village.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas