Inflationary Pressures in China Continue to Ease
Consumer inflation in China eased to a half-year low in January mainly due to seasonal distortions, while the increase in industrial prices slowed for the third straight month.
The consumer price index (CPI), a gauge of prices of a basket of consumer goods and services, rose 1.5% (link in Chinese) last month from a year ago, the smallest increase since July and down from December’s growth of 1.8%, figures released Friday by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) show.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas