‘Sensitive’ Outbound-Investment List Finalized
*Increased oversight began in late 2016 amid government concern about the motivation behind such outbound investment
*Nonfinancial outbound direct investment slumped 29.4% in 2017 to $120.08 billion
(Beijing) — China’s top economic planning agency has added real estate, hotels and entertainment to an official list of “sensitive” industries for outbound investment in 2018, strengthening the regulation of sectors subject to a government crackdown aimed at curbing “irrational” investment.
- 1Tough Rules to Tame Asset-Management Industry Coming Soon
- 2Regulator Warns Banks They'll be Named and Shamed
- 3 Jilin Woman Lobbies to Loosen Laws on Freezing Human Eggs
- 4Chinese Walk 40 Times the Distance From Earth to Mars for Digital Red Envelopes
- 5China Calls U.S. Proposal on Steel, Aluminum Tariffs 'Baseless'
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas