Expats Celebrate Lunar New Year With Mix of Work, Play and Dab of Superstition
We’ll close out the Year of the Rooster with a look at holiday work habits during the Lunar New Year, zeroing in on China’s relatively unusual custom of shutting down for an entire week for this important time. Such prolonged shutdowns are something you rarely see in the West, where public holidays seldom go beyond a single day or possibly two. Longer multi-day holidays are more common in Asia around local New Years, with places like Japan, Vietnam and even Hong Kong all taking longer breaks during this time.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas