Fallen Political Star Faces Bribery Charges
Prosecutors have charged a former Politburo member who also served as party secretary for the southwestern municipality of Chongqing, Sun Zhengcai, with bribery and influence peddling, the state-run Xinhua News Agency reported Tuesday.
According to the report, which Xinhua said was based on information from China's top prosecutor the Supreme People’s Procuratorate, prosecutors in Tianjin charged 54-year-old Sun with using his various government positions to help associates in exchange for huge payoffs.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas