Online Clampdown Targets Deceptive, Child-Unfriendly Cartoons
It may look child-friendly on the surface, but a new type of cartoon containing adult themes like sex and violence has become the latest target of a government crackdown, after appearing on some of China’s most popular video sites.
The campaign against the cartoon videos labeled as “Elsagate” began late last month and will run through April, sponsored by China’s propaganda ministry, cyberspace authority, culture ministry and anti-pornography agency, among others, according to the official Xinhua News Agency. (link in Chinese)
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas