Quick Take: JPMorgan Becomes First Non-Chinese Yuan Clearing Bank
The People’s Bank of China (PBOC) has named JPMorgan Chase & Co. as the first non-Chinese bank to provide yuan clearing services abroad — a further attempt to promote yuan internationalization.
The decision implements the results of the eighth round of the China-U.S. Strategic and Economic Dialogue and is in accordance with a memorandum of cooperation signed between the PBOC and the U.S. Federal Reserve Board, the central bank said in a statement on Tuesday.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas