Bangladesh Stock Exchange Votes to Sell Stake to China Peers
Bangladesh's main stock exchange has decided to sell 25% of itself to peers from China, evoking protest from a rival bidder in neighboring India which warned of political agendas from Beijing.
The board of the Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) voted unanimously to sell the stake, equal to 450 million shares, to a consortium of China’s two main stock exchanges in Shanghai and Shenzhen, Managing Director K.A.M. Majedur Rahman said at a briefing on Monday, according to the English-language Dhaka Tribune.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas