China Tops Asia for Mobile Video Viewing
Nearly two-thirds of Chinese internet users watch video on their smartphones, the highest rate in Asia, fueled by the growing availability of high-quality content in the world’s largest online and mobile markets, according to new data from an industry-tracking firm.
Nearly 490 million Chinese used their smartphones to watch video last year, accounting for 63% of all internet users in the country, eMarketer said in its first mobile video usage report for the Asia-Pacific region. It noted the trend of watching video online has accelerated in China in recent years as providers sign licensing deals with domestic and foreign owners of premium movies, TV shows and other content.
- 1China Cancels Trade Talks With U.S.
- 2Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 3Rape Investigation for Internet Tycoon Richard Liu Wraps Up
- 4Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 5 Caixin Explains: Why Urbanites are Choosing Pickles and Instant Noodles Over Avocados and Starbucks
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas