Tencent Tangos With Hollywood’s Skydance Media
Tencent Holdings Ltd. has made a strategic investment in U.S.-based Skydance Media, LLC, the companies announced Friday (Beijing time).
The investment is part of a partnership that will see Tencent co-financing Skydance films and marketing Skydance products in China, the statement said.
No amount was disclosed in the statement, although the Los Angeles Times reported that Tencent was buying a 5% to 10% stake in Skydance, citing a source close to the deal.
- 1Opinion: Sacrificing Half the World’s People Undercuts ‘The Wandering Earth’s’ Humanistic Message
- 2Two Large Chinese Borrowers Are Said to Miss Bond Payments
- 3China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 4Holiday Spending Bodes Poorly for China’s Economy This Year
- 5Indebted Chinese Investment Firm Turns to Thai Conglomerate for New Co-Chairman
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas