Disney, Alibaba Strike Deal for Online Content
The deal follows more than a year of negotiations. Previous regulatory intervention had abruptly ended the American media giant’s initial effort to deliver content to internet users in China.
Under the agreement between Alibaba Digital Media and Entertainment Group and The Walt Disney Co.’s distributor, Buena Vista International, subscribers to Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.’s Youku online video streaming service will have access to animated series in addition to movies such as “Pirates of the Caribbean” and “Frozen,” Alibaba said Sunday. The agreement’s financial details were not announced.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas