Opinion: Trump’s America First Won’t Hurt China Much
China’s surprising 6.9% growth in 2017 has made it clear to me that U.S. President Donald Trump’s America First policy won’t hurt China as much as some fear.
An analysis of the data shows that the Chinese economy has uncoupled from the global one, so it is no longer powered by external forces such as exports and incoming foreign direct investment (FDI). Instead, domestic consumption has become the main driving force, pushed along by new technology, a growing services industry and urbanization. It also helps that China has a built-in “3S” advantage of scale, scope and the newest ‘s’ — speed.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas