Metal Industry Has Meltdown Over U.S. Tariffs
Several Chinese metal industry associations have lashed out against U.S. President Donald Trump’s plan to impose tariffs on two metals that the U.S. imports in large quantities from other countries, including China.
The China Iron and Steel Industry Association called the tariffs a “stupid trade protection measure” that will make the U.S. industry more vulnerable and less competitive, the official Securities Times reported. The China Nonferrous Metals Industry Association said U.S. tariffs will undermine the international trade order, leading to retaliation by its trading partners, including China.
- 1Chart of the Day: ‘Made in China 2025’ Dropped From List of Local Government Priorities
- 2‘Aquaman’ Makes Huge Splash in China Box Office
- 3Update: Huawei CFO Faces U.S. Fraud Charges, Canadian Court Told
- 4Update: China Logs Record-High Surplus With U.S. Despite Softening Overall Export Growth
- 5It Has Been a Bad Year for the Yuan. 2019 Could Be Worse
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas