Game-Streaming Firm Makes Play for New York IPO
Livestreaming platform operator YY Inc. said it will spin off its Huya Inc. gaming unit for a separate New York listing, becoming the latest in a growing line of private Chinese technology companies aiming to tap U.S. financial markets.
Huya has made a confidential filing to the U.S. securities regulator for the separate listing, according to YY, which has been listed on the Nasdaq since late 2012. Over that time, YY’s shares have jumped about 11-fold, including a more than doubling over the last 12 months amid a broader wave of positive sentiment toward U.S.-listed Chinese stocks.
- 1China Cancels Trade Talks With U.S.
- 2Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 3Rape Investigation for Internet Tycoon Richard Liu Wraps Up
- 4Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 5 Caixin Explains: Why Urbanites are Choosing Pickles and Instant Noodles Over Avocados and Starbucks
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas