Cash-Strapped Gionee in Talks With Potential Investors
Second-tier smartphone-maker Gionee Communication Equipment Co. Ltd. has told Caixin Global it expects to see an injection of funds soon to resolve its financial troubles.
“We are indeed talking to potential strategic investors regarding fundraising, but not Hisense,” a company spokesman told Caixin Global, declining to offer further details.
The remarks came as Chinese media outlets reported that Hisense Co. Ltd., a major maker of appliances and electronics based in Qingdao, Shandong province, is expected to acquire Gionee.
- 1Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 2China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 3 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 4Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 5Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas