Gionee Heads Further Afield in Bid to Jump-Start Growth
Gionee, a strong second-tier player in China’s smartphone market, said it will expand its footprint to more Southeast and Central Asian countries this year as it attempts to return to growth in the intensely competitive space.
Gionee Communication Equipment Co. Ltd. is one of the more globally diverse among a crowded field of Chinese smartphone brands, and was also one of the first to discover an Indian market that has gone on to attract most of its hometown rivals. But the company has stumbled in the past year as it was overtaken in India by more-market-savvy Chinese rivals, and sales in its home market also slipped.
- 1Caixin View: China Feels Chill From Trouble in Turkey
- 285-Year-Old Petitioner, in Poor Health, Denied Parole
- 3In Depth: HNA Charts New Course Back to Airline Basics
- 4On Beijing’s Orders, Tsinghua May Give Up Control of Chipmaker Units
- 5Banned From Planes and Trains, Jia Yueting Hands Over U.S. Car Startup’s China Business
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas