China Helps ‘Black Panther’ Pass $1 Billion Mark
The Walt Disney Co.’s latest superhero blockbuster, “Black Panther,” surpassed the $1 billion mark globally, thanks in part to a strong opening weekend in China.
The Marvel Comics-based film raked in 131 million yuan ($20.7 million) Friday on its first day in China, making it the most popular foreign movie so far this year, according to domestic box-office tracker Maoyan. Its total in China is now more than 430 million yuan.
- 1Caixin View: China Feels Chill From Trouble in Turkey
- 285-Year-Old Petitioner, in Poor Health, Denied Parole
- 3Update: ‘First Fully Homegrown’ Browser Outed as Based on Google’s Chrome
- 4In Depth: HNA Charts New Course Back to Airline Basics
- 5Banned From Planes and Trains, Jia Yueting Hands Over U.S. Car Startup’s China Business
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas