China Helps ‘Black Panther’ Pass $1 Billion Mark
The Walt Disney Co.’s latest superhero blockbuster, “Black Panther,” surpassed the $1 billion mark globally, thanks in part to a strong opening weekend in China.
The Marvel Comics-based film raked in 131 million yuan ($20.7 million) Friday on its first day in China, making it the most popular foreign movie so far this year, according to domestic box-office tracker Maoyan. Its total in China is now more than 430 million yuan.
- 1China’s Moon Explorer Posts Photo of Sprouting Cotton Plant
- 2Huawei Canada Exec Quits as Scandal Continues to Embroil Company
- 3Luckin Coffee Reportedly Seeks IPO in Hong Kong
- 4Bank of China to Test Waters for Perpetual Bonds
- 5Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Smartphone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas