China Helps ‘Black Panther’ Pass $1 Billion Mark
The Walt Disney Co.’s latest superhero blockbuster, “Black Panther,” surpassed the $1 billion mark globally, thanks in part to a strong opening weekend in China.
The Marvel Comics-based film raked in 131 million yuan ($20.7 million) Friday on its first day in China, making it the most popular foreign movie so far this year, according to domestic box-office tracker Maoyan. Its total in China is now more than 430 million yuan.
- 1Apple Users Warned of Rising Chance of Account Theft
- 2Exclusive: Fallen Chief of Bad-Asset Manager Had Tons of Cash — Literally
- 3 Opinion: Trump’s China ‘Poison Pill’ May Hit Australia
- 4Shenzhen Has Billion-Dollar Bailout Plan For Local Companies
- 5Spy Camera Discovery Creates Outrage at Apartment Leasing Specialist
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas