Agricultural Bank to Raise $15.8 Billion in Private Placement
Agricultural Bank of China (ABC), the country’s third-largest bank, said on Monday it would raise as much as 100 billion yuan ($15.8 billion) in a private placement of its Shanghai-listed shares.
The bank will use the proceeds to replenish its core tier 1 capital and boost its capital adequacy, ABC said in a securities filing.
The adequacy ratio of ABC’s core tier 1 capital — meaning banks’ core capital and the main measure of a bank's financial strength — has been steadily improving over the last three years, but is still below the industry average level of 10.72%. After the private placement, the bank’s core tier 1 capital adequacy ratio will increase to 11.23% from 10.38%.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas