China to Give Century-Old Laos Hospital New Lease of Life
China has signed an agreement with Laos to renovate a hospital in Vientiane, one of Beijing’s largest overseas health care investments, as the government seeks to diversify “Belt and Road” initiative projects.
China’s Ministry of Commerce on Wednesday said that construction will start in October of a new 600-bed hospital building on the site of the century-old Mahosot Hospital along the Mekong River in the capital of the Southeast Asian nation.
- 1Chinese Thesis Ghostwriting Scandal Reveals Huge Gray Market
- 2 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 3With Latest IPhones, Apple Again Bows to the Chinese Market
- 4China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 5Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas