China Central Bank Gets First New Governor in 15 Years
Yi Gang, deputy governor of the People’s Bank of China (PBOC), has been named the new head of the central bank, succeeding Zhou Xiaochuan, who has retired after more than 15 years in the post — the longest in the PBOC’s history.
“I feel peaceful and solemn as my mission is sacred and honorable,” Yi told reporters at the sideline of the ongoing session of China’s legislature. “I will certainly fulfill my duty in according with the oath I’m going to make.”
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas