China’s Top Legislature Approves New Cabinet
China’s top legislature, the National People’s Congress, has given its seal of approval for a new cabinet lineup headed by Premier Li Keqiang, who was re-elected to a second term on Sunday.
The new State Council, or cabinet, consists of four vice premiers: Han Zheng, former party secretary of the eastern metropolis of Shanghai; Sun Chunlan, head of the Communist Party’s United Front Work Department; Hu Chunhua, party secretary of the southern province of Guangdong; and Liu He, top economic adviser to President Xi Jinping.
- 1Caixin View: China Feels Chill From Trouble in Turkey
- 285-Year-Old Petitioner, in Poor Health, Denied Parole
- 3Update: ‘First Fully Homegrown’ Browser Outed as Based on Google’s Chrome
- 4In Depth: HNA Charts New Course Back to Airline Basics
- 5Banned From Planes and Trains, Jia Yueting Hands Over U.S. Car Startup’s China Business
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas