Quick Take: Smog Smothers North China
More than 30 cities in northern China, including Beijing, are on a major alert over toxic air moving into the region, the third bout of heavy smog this year.
The Beijing municipal government ordered trucks used to transport construction materials and waste off roads from Monday to Wednesday under the orange alert.
Industrial manufacturers, which are on a government list to curb operations during orange alerts, should automatically comply with the requirements, the government said in a directive issued Sunday.
- 1China Cancels Trade Talks With U.S.
- 2Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 3Rape Investigation for Internet Tycoon Richard Liu Wraps Up
- 4Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 5 Caixin Explains: Why Urbanites are Choosing Pickles and Instant Noodles Over Avocados and Starbucks
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas