Editorial: Strengthened Central Bank Continues to Spearhead Financial Reform
China’s annual legislative session ended recently, and institutional reform and personnel appointments are now closely watched topics.
Yi Gang was appointed the new governor of the People’s Bank of China (PBOC), marking the end of Zhou Xiaochuan’s 15-year tenure. The decision-makers made across-the-board considerations when appointing central bank and financial regulatory personnel. Their existing and forthcoming arrangements will contribute to the continuation of the central bank’s various policies.
- 1Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 2Chinese Thesis Ghostwriting Scandal Reveals Huge Gray Market
- 3China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 4 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 5Trump Slaps New Tariffs on $200 Billion of Chinese Goods
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas