Businesswoman Tied to Fallen Official Sun Zhengcai Goes Missing
A prominent businesswoman who made her fortune using close government connections to invest in a leading insurer and several Beijing infrastructure projects has become “cut off from the outside world,” following the downfall of her patron, disgraced former Communist Party rising star Sun Zhengcai, several people who know her told Caixin.
Duan Weihong, whose company owns the property housing Beijing’s new Bulgari Hotel, has been out of contact for at least five months since Sun was put under investigation by the ruling Communist Party’s top anti-corruption body in July, according to the sources. Before his downfall, Sun had been party chief of the southwestern municipality of Chongqing.
- 1Two Persons Diagnosed With Pneumonic Plague in Beijing
- 2In Depth: Southeast Asia Becomes Region’s Next Tech Battleground
- 3U.S. to Extend Huawei Reprieve by Allowing It to Continue Trade With U.S. Clients: Report
- 4Beijing Plague Patients Were Medical Transfers, Further Cases in Capital Unlikely: Officials
- 5Top Bank Regulators Move to Defuse Jitters After Two Bank Runs
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas