Businesswoman Tied to Fallen Official Sun Zhengcai Goes Missing
A prominent businesswoman who made her fortune using close government connections to invest in a leading insurer and several Beijing infrastructure projects has become “cut off from the outside world,” following the downfall of her patron, disgraced former Communist Party rising star Sun Zhengcai, several people who know her told Caixin.
Duan Weihong, whose company owns the property housing Beijing’s new Bulgari Hotel, has been out of contact for at least five months since Sun was put under investigation by the ruling Communist Party’s top anti-corruption body in July, according to the sources. Before his downfall, Sun had been party chief of the southwestern municipality of Chongqing.
- 1Coronavirus Latest (Feb. 1 - 15): Cases Surge Past 66,500 as France Reports First Death
- 2Four Deaths in One Family Show Danger of Wuhan’s Home Quarantine Policy
- 3Coronavirus Among Medics More Widespread Than Reported, Research Shows
- 4Even With Massive Funding, Coronavirus Vaccine Isn’t Coming Soon
- 5Coronavirus Sunday Update: Taiwan Reports First Death, Wuhan Virology Institute Denies Rumors
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas