Smartphone-Maker Gionee Lays Off Workers
In its latest sign of financial troubles, second-tier smartphone-maker Gionee Communication Equipment Co. Ltd. is laying off workers at a main manufacturing plant in Dongguan, Guangdong province.
“The staff adjustment of the factory has been submitted to the relevant labor authorities,” the company said Friday in a statement.
“We also have had consensual communications with the employees to negotiate the annulment of the contracts. All relevant compensation will strictly follow the labor agreements,” it said.
- 1China’s Moon Explorer Posts Photo of Sprouting Cotton Plant
- 2Huawei Canada Exec Quits as Scandal Continues to Embroil Company
- 3Luckin Coffee Reportedly Seeks IPO in Hong Kong
- 4Bank of China to Test Waters for Perpetual Bonds
- 5Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Phone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas